Saturday, August 1, 2009

A nail question

I don't paint my nails often. Now don't get me wrong, I take very good care of my nails and hands; I'm rather fanatical about it, really. I have about four tins of Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme and apply all the time during the day (after applying thick hand lotion). Right now, I'm using KOSE CoenRich Q10 Whitening because it's super thick and quite hydrating for my hands. Ironically, from the neck up my face is extremely oily, but from the neck down. . . .well let's just say I think all my sebum glands appear to be located above my neck. Anyway, I have a picture of what nail polish I do have, but I seem to have forgotten the product list.

Of course I did. It's been a week, I swear.

I tend to stick to shinier types of polish if I do use them. My main requisite is that the color has to be thick in one coat. Most polish takes at least 3 coats to cover my nails and not only does it take a long time to get done, but the polish never has the chance to dry hard so nicks are easy to come by and then it becomes a pain in the ass to remove! Usually, I simply file and buff my nails; they buff to a nice shine and don't require polish. I'll sometimes apply clear polish because it helps prevent breakage;I have wide, short nail beds and that's a failure point for many. I'd like to know what kind of polish everyone uses. You can see what I mean by a polish problem below. It's like my lips; my nails naturally have a very strong color that is difficult to cover. Anything I should try, or should I just stick to painting my toes?


No comments:

Post a Comment